Welcome to Rajasthan, the royal city of India !!
Upon arrival at Udaipur, the city of lakes, transfer to your hotel with a lake facing room in the old Udaipur city. This part of Udaipur city has its own charm as most of the heritage spots are located here.
After check-in and relaxing a while, leave for city tour of Udaipur. Visit City Palace which is one of the most imposing heritage building of Udaipur, Jagdish Mandir, Saheliyon ki Badi, Vintage car museum,Doodh Talai, Karni Mata Temple and other places of tourist attractions in Udaipur.
In the evening, enjoy a sunset boat ride on lake Pichola.
Overnight stay at Udaipur
Day 2: Day trip of Haldighati, Kumbhalgarh and Ranakpur
Offbeat Travel Tips For Udaipur
- The opening and closing timings of City Palace are between 09:30 am and :5:30 pm.
- The entry ticket at City Palace , Udaipur (not for Museum, only for other permitted areas), for adults is INR 30, while for children is INR 15.
- The entry ticket at City Palace Museum, Udaipur for adults is INR 250, while for children is INR 100.Apart from this there is a camera fee of INR 250
- If you wish to have a panoramic view of the Lake Pichola and Udaipur City, take a cable car to Karni Mata Temple from Doodh Talai in the evening.You would be amazed to see the beautiful sunset from terrace near Karni Mata Temple.
- If you are in Udaipur for your honeymoon and wish to add some romantic moments to your Udaipur Tour package, make an advance booking with The Upre roof top restaurant located at Lake Pichola Hotel, Roof Top, Outside Chand Pole, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.Telephone Number : 0294-243 1197. (Remember that even in the off season you need to make an advance booking if you wish to enjoy your meals at a lake facing enclosure on the terrace.)
- One of the best places to view Lake Palace and City Palace in the evening (when these beautiful palaces are illuminated) is the Ambrai Ghat.
- Do not miss the Sound and light Show at Bagore ki Haveli which is called as Dharohar near Gangaur Ghat.The cultural programme is worth watching (timings for the show are 7 pm to 8 pm).
- Do not miss the Vegetarian Thali at Bawarchi Restaurant located at 6, Naya Pura, Delhi Gate, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001.They offer amazing Indian food at a very affordable price to your hearts content.
After early breakfast, go for a full day trip to Haldighati, Kumbhalgarh and Ranakpur.
Your first destination in today’s sightseeing would be Haldighati , the famous battle field where the forces of Mewar under Maharana Pratap and the Mughal Army under Raja Man Singh had fought the battle of Haldighati in the year 1576.The famous horse Chetak of Maharana Pratap of Mewar had played a pivitol role in this battle and laid down its life to protect Maharana Pratap.There is a Museum and a cenotaph in rememberence of Chetak at Haldighati.
After a visit to Haldighati, your next destination this day would be Kumbhalgarh fort.
A UNESCO world heritage site, the walls of Kumbhalgarh Fort extend over 38 Kms, being second only to the Great Wall of China.Kumbhalgarh fort was constructed by Rana Kumbha in the 15th Century AD and was the place where Maharana Pratap was born.
There are over 360 Hindu and Jain Temples inside the Kumbhalgarh Fort. Lakhola Tank is yet another notable tourist point inside the fort.Apart from the fort, Kumbhalgarh is also famous for Kumbhalgarh wildlife sanctuary spread over 578 Sq. Kms. with a rich wildlife including wolf, leopards, sloth bear, hyena, jackal, jungle cat, sambhar, nilgai, chausingha.Safaris can be booked to enjoy a ride inside the wildlife sanctary.
After your visit to Kumbhalgarh fort, the next beautiful destination that one should not miss are the Jain temples of Ranakpur.
The Jain Temples of Ranakpur, famous for their intricate carving on stone are dedicated to Trithankara Adinatha.The temples are an excellent example of Maru-Gurjara architecture. Temple is supported by 1444 marble pillars, carved in exquisite detail. The pillars are all differently carved with exquisite detailing and no two pillars are the same.
After spending time at this beautiful temple, return back to Udaipur.Overnight stay at Udaipur.
Day 3: Day trip to Eklingji and Nathdwara
After breakfast proceed to Eklingji Temple (about 22 Kms/1 Hr. Drive) , a famous temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, the ruling deity of Mewar Princely State. After darshan at Eklingji Temple,one may visit Sahastra Bahu temples of the early 10th century AD, dedicated to Lord Vishnu in Nagda just about 3 Kms from Eklingji Temple.
Later, proceed to Nathdwara Temple
located about 30 Kms further from Eklingji Temple.At Nathdwara, Hindu God Lord Krisna’s incarnation in the form of a 7 year old boy is worshiped. (Beware of local pandits who would pretend to take you for a VIP Darshan at the temple for some donations/money.Temple has no such VIP Darshan charges.).
Later return back to Udaipur. Rest of time free for leisure or for shopping.
Overnight stay at Udaipur.
Day 4: Trip to Chittorgarh and Departure from Udaipur
After breakfast, checkout from the hotel in time and proceed to your last but equally fascinating destination near Udaipur – Chittorgarh Fort.Another UNESCO’s world heritage site, Chittorgargh Fort is credited for being one of the largest forts of India.The fort is perched majestically over a 590 feet high hill and is adorned with 65 historic structures, among them 4 being palace complexes, 19 being temples, 4 being memorials and 20 functional water bodies.Vijay Stambha and Kirti Stambha are two of the most prominent landmarks of this fort.
Other must see landmarks of this fort include Rana Kumbha's palace
, Fateh Prakash Palace, Gaumukh Reservoir, Padmini's Palace, Meerabai Temple
Kalika Mata Temple, Tulja Bhawani Temple, Kshemankari Temple, Adbuthnath Temple and some Jain temples.
Later transfer to Udaipur airport or raiway station on time as per your onward connection.
End of a great tour from Waytoindia.com !!